Cocoa No Bake Cookies
Published Tuesday, December 18, 2007 by Susan Och | E-mail this post
This is a favorite for school bake sales. Liz is the master of this recipe; she tells me that she likes to use half quick oats and half old-fashioned oats, if they are available. She doesn't necessarily
use the whole 3 cups if it already looks stiff enough.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of salt
- In a 3 quart saucepan, blend sugar and cocoa. Add milk and blend. Heat and stir, using low heat at first and then turning up to medium.
- Add butter as the mixture approaches boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil one full minute, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and mix in peanut butter, vanilla, salt, and oatmeal. Mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. cool to room temperature, then eat some and pack some up for your bake sale.