I bake bread for my family every week. Home baking is not that hard, not that time consuming, and certainly cheap! You don't need a bread machine or a lot of fancy equipment. This blog features a tutorial on home bread baking, tips on equipment and ingredients, and recipes for real home cooking.


Cocoa No Bake Cookies


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is a favorite for school bake sales. Liz is the master of this recipe; she tells me that she likes to use half quick oats and half old-fashioned oats, if they are available. She doesn't necessarily use the whole 3 cups if it already looks stiff enough.
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup baking cocoa
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Dash of salt


  1. In a 3 quart saucepan, blend sugar and cocoa. Add milk and blend. Heat and stir, using low heat at first and then turning up to medium.
  2. Add butter as the mixture approaches boiling, stirring constantly.
  3. Boil one full minute, until sugar is dissolved.
  4. Remove from heat and mix in peanut butter, vanilla, salt, and oatmeal. Mix well.
  5. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. cool to room temperature, then eat some and pack some up for your bake sale.


0 Responses to “Cocoa No Bake Cookies”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click here to start bread baking tutorial

About me

  • I'm Susan Och
  • From Lake Leelanau, Michigan

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3

Looking for more?


There's more to food than just nutrition, otherwise we would all be eating custom-formulated kibble. I didn't exactly learn to bake from my grandmother, but my ancestors, even the ones I never met, have informed and influenced my lifelong exploration of cooking and food. Want to read more? Check out this entry from my home blog, French Road Connections


Google