I bake bread for my family every week. Home baking is not that hard, not that time consuming, and certainly cheap! You don't need a bread machine or a lot of fancy equipment. This blog features a tutorial on home bread baking, tips on equipment and ingredients, and recipes for real home cooking.


Master Baking Mix


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Use this master mix to make biscuits, pancakes, coffee cake, or muffins

Sift together 3 times:
  • 10 cups flour
  • 6 Tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
Cut in to the consistency of cornmeal:

  • 2 cups vegetable shortening

Stir in:
  • 2 cups dry milk powder
Store in a covered container at room temperature.To measure baking mix, pile lightly into a cup and level off with a spatula.

from the More With Less Cookbook


0 Responses to “Master Baking Mix”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click here to start bread baking tutorial

About me

  • I'm Susan Och
  • From Lake Leelanau, Michigan

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3

Looking for more?


There's more to food than just nutrition, otherwise we would all be eating custom-formulated kibble. I didn't exactly learn to bake from my grandmother, but my ancestors, even the ones I never met, have informed and influenced my lifelong exploration of cooking and food. Want to read more? Check out this entry from my home blog, French Road Connections


Google