I bake bread for my family every week. Home baking is not that hard, not that time consuming, and certainly cheap! You don't need a bread machine or a lot of fancy equipment. This blog features a tutorial on home bread baking, tips on equipment and ingredients, and recipes for real home cooking.


Oatmeal Cookie Mix


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



To make cookie mix:
Put through a coarse sieve:
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 3 cups brown sugart
  • 6 cups sifted flour
  • 4 teaspoons salt
  • 4 teaspoons soda
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
Cut in:
  • 4 cups shortening
Add:
  • 12 cups rolled oats
Mix well. Store in a cool place.

To make cookies:
Combine in a bowl:
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 4 cups oatmeal cookie mix
Mix well. Drop teaspoonsful onto a greased baking sheet, flatten with fork, and bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.

from the More with Less Cookbook


0 Responses to “Oatmeal Cookie Mix”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click here to start bread baking tutorial

About me

  • I'm Susan Och
  • From Lake Leelanau, Michigan

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3

Looking for more?


There's more to food than just nutrition, otherwise we would all be eating custom-formulated kibble. I didn't exactly learn to bake from my grandmother, but my ancestors, even the ones I never met, have informed and influenced my lifelong exploration of cooking and food. Want to read more? Check out this entry from my home blog, French Road Connections


Google